Skip to main content
Muir College Writing Program

Enrollment Information For IGETC Transfers

  • If you have completed IGETC, MCWP 125 will fulfill the writing requirement. MCWP 125 is designed for transfer students. MCWP 50 may be used in lieu of MCWP 125.
  • All students with IGETC on their UC San Diego academic record will be preauthorized to sign up for MCWP 125 during their first pass during their first 3 quarters at UC San Diego. These students will be preauthorized for MCWP 50 in second pass only.
  • If you think you have IGETC, and it's not on your UC San Diego academic record, contact UC San Diego Admissions and/or your community college. You will not be able to enroll in MCWP 125/50 until your IGETC has been posted.
  • IF YOU DO NOT ENROLL IN MCWP 125 IN YOUR FIRST PASS DURING YOUR FIRST 3 QUARTERS, YOU MAY ONLY ENROLL IN MCWP 125 OR 50 DURING YOUR SECOND PASS starting in your 4th quarter at UC San Diego. This means you will almost certainly be trying to get in from a waitlist.