Skip to main content
Muir College Writing Program

Enrollment Information for Transfers from 2-year Institutions Outside California

  • Transfer students without IGETC must request preauthorization for MCWP courses their first Fall quarter at UC San Diego.
  • Coursework from a 2-year institution (community college) outside California is not petitionable. You must take MCWP 40 and 50.
  • If you took English composition courses from a four-year institution, you may be able to petition out of MCWP 40 and/or 50. See instructions for transfer students from 4-year institutions.
  • IF YOU DO NOT ENROLL IN MCWP COURSES DURING YOUR PRIORITY PERIOD (first 3-6 quarters at UCSD), YOU MAY ONLY ENROLL IN THESE COURSES DURING YOUR SECOND PASS. This means you will almost certainly be trying to get in from a waitlist.