Skip to main content

Room Assignment

The majority of first year Muir registered students are living at Muir and have been assigned to double rooms in the residence halls. We also have other Muir students living in other College residential areas.

If you are currently a first-year student and have met your deadlines, you are guaranteed two years of housing at UC San Diego, although not necessarily at your registered College or the type of room your prefer. We worked very hard to satisfy and accommodate your needs and your requests.

If you are not satisfied with your room assignment, the Housing, Dining & Hospitality (HDH) Office will open a room change interest list on their housing portal in mid-October. You can sign up on that list with your request and HDH will do their best to accommodate you. Housing space is particularly limited at the start of the academic year.

Should you need a particular housing accommodation, please contact the Office of Students with Disabilities at 858-534-4382 to discuss your required housing needs. You will need to provide documentation to receive any particular accommodation.

Should you have any question about your room assignment, email with your concern or question.