Muir Student Organization Resources
Below are a variety of forms and links for Muir Student Organizations. If you have any questions please contact your student organization advisor or for general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Start a New Student Organization at Muir College
- Muir College Student Organization Application & Guidelines for Starting a New Muir College Student Organization
- To start a New Student Organization at Muir College, please review the guidelines and fill out the application form. All applications must be turned into the Muir College Student Affairs Office at H&SS 2126.
Student Organization Handbook
- Current Year MCC Approved Budget
- Request funds or release a Lien from Muir College Council (MCC)
- To request funds or release a Lien from MCC, discuss this with your advisor and then email the current MCC President and ask to be placed on the agenda for the next MCC Meeting (Thursdays from 6:00pm - 9:00pm in Half Dome Lounge).
- Muir College Reimbursement Request Form
- To get reimbursed for an event or item(s), fill out the Reimbursement Request Form, affix your receipt to a blank sheet of paper, and turn in the paperwork to your advisor within 72 hours after your event. Please contact your advisor if you have any questions.
- Prize Distribution Form
- Muir College Posting Policy
- Group Waiver
- EH&S Temporary Food Facility Permit Form
- Middle of Muir Digi Screen Information/Form
- Guidelines for Muirwords
- Muirwords is the college's weekly e-newsletter. Please review the guidelines when submitting entries. All submissions are due to email@example.com by 12PM (Noon) every Friday.
- Muir College House Advisors A/V
- To request the HA A/V Team and their speakers, microphones, and other equipment for an event, complete the request form 2 weeks in advance of your event. Stay tuned for updates and correspondence in your e-mail. (Muir Student Organizations Only)
- Need tables and chairs for an event?
- To request for tables and/or chairs for an event, email firstname.lastname@example.org 2 weeks in advance. Please include the name of your organization, quantity of tables/chairs needed, and general times of use. (Must be affiliated with Muir College)
- Need to reserve Half Dome Lounge, Mariposa Room, or Sequoia Room?
- To reserve any of the rooms above, email email@example.com with the name of your organization, which room you want, the amount of time you would need the room, the event you will be hosting in the space, and the expected number of attendees. Note, these rooms may only be reserved by John Muir College student organizations.
- Need to reserve the Tioga 11th Floor Seminar Room?
- To reserve the seminar room, please visit the Muir Residential Life Office and speak with the front desk.
- Want to have an event in Muir Quad of the Middle of Muir (M.O.M.)?
- Want to reserve Sun God Lawn?
- Fill out the Sun God Reservation Form (Open to all organizations)