Muir Student Organization Resources

Below are a variety of forms and links for Muir Student Organizations. If you have any questions please contact your student organization advisor or for general questions, please contact the John Muir College Office of Student Affairs.

How To Start a New Student Organization at Muir College

  • If you're interested in starting a new organization at Muir College, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
    • Proposed new student organization must have a unique mission and focus from that of current Muir College student organizations

    • New organizations must identify 4 executive members who are currently registered Muir College students

    • Proposed student organization must be an independent organization, not affiliated with a campus-wide student organization, club or committee

    • Individual sports clubs and teams will not be considered

  • After reviewing the guidelines, email the Muir College Office of Student Affairs expressing your interest!

Student Organization Handbook


  • Current Year MCC Approved Budget (PDF)
  • Request funds or release a Lien from Muir College Council (MCC)
    • To request funds or release a Lien from MCC, discuss this with your advisor and then email the current MCC President and ask to be placed on the agenda for the next MCC Meeting (Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. in Half Dome Lounge).
  • Muir College Reimbursement Request Form (PDF)
    • To get reimbursed for an event or item(s), fill out the Reimbursement Request Form, affix your receipt to a blank sheet of paper, and turn in the paperwork to your advisor within 72 hours after your event. Please contact your advisor if you have any questions.
  • Prize Distribution Form (PDF)


Space Reservations