Student Assistance & Support

College is hard enough, but sometimes life happens and makes things even more challenging.  The Dean of Student Affairs is there to support and assist you in your time of need.  Your Dean can assist with any of the following types of issues:

  • Personal emergency (i.e. death in the family)
  • Illness or medical issues
  • Food or housing instability
  • Access to health care, including mental health services

For example, if you experience a personal emergency, we can contact your instructors on your behalf and connect you to both campus and community resources.

If this is a life threatening emergency or if anyone is in immediate danger, please call 911.

For assistance, please complete the below form:

We will follow up with you within 2 business days of your submission. If you need more immediate assistance, please contact the Dean of Student Affairs Office at (858) 534-3587.  We can also be reached via email.

The following campus resources are also available to assist you:

Academic Advising

Questions about dropping classes or withdrawing

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

Free, confidential counseling

Basic Needs Student Services

Access to housing, food, and financial assistance

Triton Food Pantry

Free food pantry for UC San Diego students