Information for room selection 2016-17 will be updated in Winter Quarter 2017
If you are eligible for housing on-campus next year, you should have already received an email explaining your eligibility from the Housing, Dining & Hospitality Office. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact email@example.com. Remember, your housing guarantee entitles you to a housing space somewhere on campus, but not necessarily at Muir College. Unfortunately, depending on your Room Selection lottery time, the location and type of space you most desire may not be available.
What is the basic room selection process?
Room Selection is the process that current first year and other guaranteed residents go through in Spring Quarter to select their on campus housing assignment for the next academic year.
This is general information for students going through the Room Selection process during Spring Quarter. Details about all of Room Selection will be forthcoming - you will receive most information about Room Selection as an email to your UCSD email address. There are three steps to Room Selection.
- Apply online according to the dates specified to do this: April 18 to April 21 (application closes at 11:59pm)
- Sign your contract online and make a prepayment of $450 by the deadline date.
- Select your room online on Room Selection Day (5/19/16), at your room selection time, or at the time of the group in which you are included.
- You must be guaranteed on-campus housing to participate in Room Selection. You are guaranteed, if you came to UCSD as a first year student who lived on campus in the fall and continued your residency through your first or subsequent year, you have met all the appropriate and related housing deadlines, and you are financially current with your current housing account. You may also be a resident who is guaranteed housing when you entered UCSD following the same criteria as stated for first-year students. You can also be guaranteed housing through your particular scholarship, or if you are registered through the Office of Students with Disabilities and that office determines you require on-campus housing.
- If you require special accommodation, you must contact the residential life liaison at 858.822.1782 and you must register with The Office of Students with Disabilities by calling 858.534.4382 to determine your eligibility for housing.
- All information regarding Room Selection will be mailed to your UCSD e-mail address. Please be sure to check that particular e-mail address regularly, and that your e-mail mailbox is not full so it can accept these messages. You will receive a number of emails regarding Room Selection.
- Deadlines are extremely important; missing any deadline will most likely eliminate your housing guarantee and any continuation in the Room Selection process.
- It is your responsibility to take care of your own Room Selection process - meaning, do not delegate that responsibility to your significant other, your parents, a sibling, or your pet! If someone forgets a deadline you need to meet, you will most likely be eliminated from the Room Selection process and will probably be living off campus next year!
- Housing for Muir students going through Room Selection will be offered at Muir College in Tenaya and Tioga Halls and in the Muir Tuolumne and Tamarack Apartments. Since the priority is to keep all of our first-year students here at Muir, overflow housing for continuing students may be at another College.
- If you have a question about any of this preliminary Room Selection information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Muir Residential Life Office at 858.534.4200.
Room Selection FAQ
Absolutely. Applications for gender inclusive apartments will be available at the Muir Residential Life Office in spring quarter. Please note that you must also apply online (as detailed in steps 1 and 2 above) for Room Selection.