Undergraduate Research & OpportunitiesUndergraduate research and opportunities for applied internships provide students with an opportunity to expand their knowledge beyond the classroom and gain valuable applied experience.
The Academic Internship Program (AIP) offers qualified juniors and seniors the opportunity to acquire valuable work experience related to academic and career interests.
- An extensive library lists over 4,000 available internships in settings including: TV and radio stations, law offices, medical research labs and clinics, government agencies, high-tech and biotech companies, engineering, advertising and public relations firms, and financial institutions.
- Students also can work with the internship office to set up their own positions.
- Students must have completed at least 90 units and have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- For more information call (858) 534-4355 or visit http://aip.ucsd.edu.
All students considering an advanced degree after graduation should visit the Career Services Center (CSC). The CSC offers:
- Advice and information on schools, admission requirements, applications, recommendation letters, tests, essays, fellowships, and interviews.
- Information to help you apply to any field of professional and graduate education, including medicine, law, business, teaching, and other health fields.
- A library of over 2,000 professional and graduate school catalogs, directories, and brochures.
- Annual events such as the Professional and Graduate School Info Fair and the Law School Info Fair each.
- For more information please see their website: http://career.ucsd.edu.