Muir College Provost’s Undergraduate Research Scholarship Program
This program provides up to $500 for up to four undergraduate research projects by current Muir College students each quarter. These projects might involve travel to a conference to present a paper, expenses related to departmental honors projects, and the like.
- Proposals must be emailed to Joseph Villegas by Friday of week 7 of the quarter.
- Proposals will be reviewed by week 10
- If approved, the funding will become available during the subsequent quarter.
- If approved, you will be required to provide a poster summarizing the research by the end of finals week of the quarter you were funded.
Students must write a proposal that is no longer than three pages and includes:
- the type of project (e.g. conference presentation, honors thesis, etc.)
- an itemized budget
- evidence of previous work in the research area (e.g. bibliography, references to previous work, etc.)
Note: students must write the proposals themselves. Any collaboration that led to the proposal should be addressed in the proposal
Students must also include a letter of support from a faculty member. The letter should:
- discuss how the project fits in with the student’s studies
- verify that no other funds are available to support the project (e.g. that the principle investigator’s funding cannot be used)
- address any collaboration that went into the proposal
Students will produce a poster of their research and meet with the provost at the conclusion of the project.